Friday, March 1, 2013

Sunlight

Under the mid-day sun, every inch of land was baked to golden brown. I slowly walked towards the path that leads me home. I sighed and looked up at the sunny blue sky. I was in dilemma. Upon reaching home, I went straight to my bedroom and lay on my bed. I closed my eyes. My brain had become the battle field between good and evil. I put my hand on my forehead and began to think. Those words were ringing in my ears and I still remember it to the present. The words struck me and made me sit up and take notice. I should live life to the fullest and that I should not disappoint those who showered me with love, affection and material things. I could not disappoint them and from that day on, I took stock of my behaviour and set goals for myself. That day was the day I began to change. I was eager to turn over a new leaf and I definitely said that I am a better person today than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment